Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Welcome to the realm of The Cyber Security Sentinel


Hello & welcome to my blog. 
 
My name is Eric Cissorsky, The Cyber Security Sentinel.  I have over 15 years experience in the IT field and have spent the last decade of my life dedicated to the discipline of cyber security.  My resume includes working in the pharmaceutical, aerospace & financial sectors.  In addition, I spent a number of years at a large managed services provider giving cyber security architectural/engineering guidance to it's customers, many of whom belong to the Fortune 500 and run the gamut of various industries.  In that time I have developed a deep understanding of cyber security.  You can view my complete resume at http://www.linkedin.com/in/ecissorsky.

The purpose of this blog is to help small-medium businesses (SMB's) benefit from my knoweldge and experience.  Statistics from the SBE Council put the number of employer firms in the US at around 5.8 million.  Of that 89.7% employ 20 people or less.  Very few of these firms have the resources to implement "enterprise class" cyber defenses.  The purpose of this blog is to show how SMB's can leverage their limited resources to develop effective cyber defenses to the most common, and some uncommon ones as well, cyber threats.

As previously stated the target audience of this blog is small-medium businesses (SMB's).  These are typically organizations with less than 500 employees.  Most of them do not have information security professionals on their payroll.  Many may not even have a dedicated IT staff.  I am here to show firms in this position how to increase their security posture by using information security best practices and no/low cost tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment