Friday, March 7, 2014

Nigerian 419 scams

Lately I've received a couple Nigerian 419 scams.  I've decided to post them here along with the source email address. If header information is available I will post that as well.  I will post more as I receive them.

If you receive one of these, or something similar, DO NOT CLICK ANY LINKS IN THE MESSAGE, DO NOT RESPOND TO THE MESSAGE AND DELETE IT IMMEDIATELY!

===== BEGIN SCAM EMAIL =====

From: tagro <pattagro1@voila.fr>
Date: December 28, 2013 at 9:24:12 AM EST
To: undisclosed recipients: ;
Subject: PAY ATTENTION
Reply-To: tagro <pattagro1@yahoo.co.jp>

Greetings,

My name is Charles Koffi and my junior sister is Grace Koffi,I write this letter for myself and on behalf of my junior sister.We are the children of late Mr and Mrs John Koffi.

We wish to request for your assistance in a financial transaction because we want to invest in your country.We have Fifteen Million Five hundred thousand United States Dollars(US$15.5M ) to invest in your country.

We would want you to assist us by acting as the foreign business partner of our late father and the beneficiary of the fund to enable you receive the fund.

We would be glad to give you 20% of the total sum for your assistance. If you are interested to assist us,get back to us immediately for further explanation on how we will proceed.


Best regards,
Charles Koffi

===== BEGIN SCAM EMAIL =====

From: "Capt.Katherine Lertas"
Date: Mar 6, 2014 2:42:44 PM
Subject: kindly get back to me
To: eric.cissorsky@verizon.net


Hi,
 
My Name is Capt Katherine Lertas a member of a medical team that was deployed to Syria at the beginning of the war in Syria, my purpose of contacting you is to seek your noble help.
 
I met Mrs. Fadilah Rajha a Syrian woman presently in the hospital, her late husband, Dawoud Rajha was killed in the civil war, she is dying of cancer disease, She opened up to me concerning the fund her late husband deposited with a bank in Europe. But due to her health and the recent turmoil in Syria she is urgently looking for a reliable partner to receive this fund and invest part of it on behalf of her little daughter who is still under age.
 
All what she told me is real, but I cannot receive this fund or fulfill her dream due to my position as a military personnel, I want you to be our Partner and so I need your Commitment and diligent follow up to get these funds transfer to your account from the European  bank. If you are willing to assist kindly get back to me so I can give you more directives on how to contact the bank and do the online transfer to your account. I do hope you will give me your trust in carrying out this project which I know will be of benefit for you and me,
 
I appreciate to hear from you as soon as possible, I shall inform you of your percentage and the amount in subsequent correspondent.
 
Regards,
Capt Katherine Lertas

1 comment:

  1. I have received one of these letters from Capt. Katherine Lertas. She states she was deployed to Iraq but was asked to stay behind. She declares shes has custody of a large sum of money and needs help in moving it to the US. What disturbs me is that the email was sent to my US college email address which has of course .edu at the end. It seems our Katherine gets around. I did not reply and deleted the email.

    ReplyDelete