Thursday, March 12, 2015

Security Software Found Using Superfish-Style Code

BAD Vendor! BAD! BAD! BAD!  I blogged earlier that despite Superfish Lenovo products were some of the biggest hunks of junk I've ever user.  I can also say from personal experience Lavasoft & Comodo products are ones I wouldn't recommend.  I've found them to be ineffective, resource hogging applications with many better alternatives.  That being said, read on...

From Forensic Magazine:

Security Software Found Using Superfish-Style Code

Two more software makers have been caught adding dangerous, Superfish-style man-in-the-middle code to the applications they publish. The development is significant because it involves AV company Lavasoft and Comodo, a company that issues roughly one-third of the Internet's Transport Layer Security certificates, making it the world's biggest certificate authority.

No comments:

Post a Comment