Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Confessions of a Professional Cyber Stalker

From Tripwires State of Security blog:

Confessions of a Professional Cyber Stalker

I am honored to be presenting at DEF CON 23 this August in Las Vegas where I will be presenting a session titled “Confessions of a Professional Cyber Stalker.” In my talk, I will be discussing various technologies and methods I developed and used to track criminals leading to at least two dozen convictions.

Many times in the process of recovering stolen devices, larger crimes would be uncovered, including drugs, theft rings, stolen cars, even a violent car jacking. Much of the evidence in these cases would be collected by stolen devices themselves, such as network information, photos captured from laptops and cell phones but often times, there was additional data that would need to be gathered for a conviction.

No comments:

Post a Comment