How to kill a troll
Pew surveyed 2849 internet users. Here are some of the results:
- One out of every four women between 18 years old and 24 years old reports having been stalked or sexually harassed online.
- Two out of five people reported having been victims of some form of online harassment.
- One out of four had seen someone being physically threatened.
- 27% of internet users have been called offensive names
- 22% have had someone try to purposefully embarrass them
- 8% have been physically threatened
- 8% have been stalked
- 7% have been harassed for a sustained period
- 6% have been sexually harassed